Blindness remains a highly prevalent and serious health problem worldwide. Ac- cording to World Health Organization (WHO), there are 37 million blind people (visual acuity of less than 3/60 in the better eye with best available correction) and 120 million with low vision (visual acuity less than 6/60 but more than 3/60 in the better eye with the best available correction).
CHEF International has established primary as well as secondary level eye-care centers/hospitals.
Primary Level Eye-Care Center
Primary level eye care centers are also known as Community Vision Centers, which providing services of preliminary eye screening and refractive services to the marginalized and poor people residing in the remote areas. Following are the primary eye care centres being run by CHEF International;
- CVC Tehsil Tangi, District Charsada
- CVC Par Hoti, District Mardan
- CVC Tehsil Hazro, District Attock
- CVC Rawat, District Islamabad
- CVC Farash Town, Islamabad
- CVC Tehsil Paroa, District D.I. Khan
- CVC Yar Hussain, Tehsil Chotta Lahore, District Swabi
Secondary Level Eye Care Hospitals
Secondary level eye care hospitals along with primary level eye care are also providing cataract surgical services and referral of complicated eye diseases to tertiary level hospitals. Following are the secondary level eye care hospitals being run by CHEF International;
- DMRC Charsada
- Takht Bhai Hospital, Mardan
- Haji Yaqoob Eye Care Centre, Peshawar