In order to address the effects of poverty and generate employment opportunities, environmental sustainability is central to a nation’s entire development landscape. With this thought, the Pakistani government pledges to set up an institutional framework to promote the best procedures for the preservation and protection of both natural and man-made resources. There are five main focuses of the Clean Green Pakistan Movement (CGPM): plantation, safe drinking water, overall sanitation, liquid waste management, and solid waste management.
CHEF international , through the support of its local partners , distributed Food items among need and deserving families at District Charsadda. The Dar- Ul- Rehamat (House of blessing) administrator Mr Sanaullah Khan and his team participated and distributed the items. More than 900 families received food packages till today.
This event is planned by Pakistan Institute of Rehabilitation Science, Isra University campus Islamabad and London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). The course will be conducted through international and national experts in the field.
The aim of the course is to familiarise participants with the public health approach to ear and hearing care for communities in developing countries, and to encourage them to put it into practice in their own countries.
The key learning objectives are to:
– understand how the principles and practice of public health can be applied to hearing loss
– review the epidemiology of ear disease and hearing loss in the world, focusing on developing countries.
– learn about community-based research on ear and hearing care in developing countries.
– explore challenges and solutions in prevention and rehabilitation of hearing impairment and disability in developing countries.
– appraise the role of Primary Ear and Hearing Care and its training.
– discuss how to raise awareness and mobilise resources for ear and hearing health in developing countries.
– learn how to develop a programme for ear and hearing health in the participant’s own country.